Our Guide to Caring for your Skin During (and After) Menopause
Don't let menopause take a toll on your skin. Our comprehensive menopausal skincare guide provides everything you need to know to age fearlessly.
As women age and go through menopause, their skin undergoes changes that can be frustrating and difficult to manage. At essano, we advocate ageing fearlessly but changes such as dryness, wrinkles, age spots, and thinning not only affect the skin. They can shake a woman's self-confidence and challenge the concept of pro-ageing. But with the right skincare routine, you can age fearlessly and keep your skin healthy and radiant. In this guide, we'll provide everything you need to know about caring for your skin during (and after) menopause.
Understand the Changes in Your Skin During Menopause
Menopause is a natural process when a woman's reproductive system stops producing eggs. As a result, the body experiences a decrease in estrogen levels, and with it, a decrease in collagen production. This can cause changes to the appearance of the skin including:
- Loss of elasticity
- Large pores
- Adult acne
- Uneven skin tone
Understanding these changes is the first step in developing a skincare routine to help you maintain healthy, radiant skin during and after menopause.
Use Products That Target Menopausal Skin Concerns
Ingredients truly do matter when it comes to visible results for your skin! You can combat the effects of menopause on the skin by choosing skincare products specifically formulated for menopausal skin. essano Visible Repair is our most powerful pro-ageing, 50+ skincare featuring clinically proven formulas that are natural and specifically formulated to deliver the maximum benefit for mature and menopausal skin.
The powerful ingredients behind our Visible Repair range
- Lapagyl™ a sustainably sourced, advanced botanical ingredient proven to promote a slower ageing process and increased skin longevity, resulting in a radiant, firmer, and younger appearance.
- Bakuchiol - a natural alternative to retinol which can boost collagen production leading to a reduction in the visible signs of ageing.
- Vitamin C - an incredible antioxidant known to improve skin tone and texture, hydrate the skin, and reduce signs of ageing.
- OceanDerMX® Lift & Firm - a unique botanical blend containing New Zealand Red seaweed and Mamuka-Black fern cells to help diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic Acid - to help retain the skin's moisture and keep skin looking plumped, refreshed, and healthier looking.
- Eyeseryl™ Peptide - a tetra-peptide with demonstrated effectiveness to reduce puffiness under the eyes.
- Shadownyl™ - a natural algae extract proven to help reduce dark circles and fine lines around the eyes.
- Niacinamide - a multifunctional ingredient that improves skin complexion, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and protects the skin's barrier.
For a detailed breakdown of which ingredients are used in each of the products in the range, refer to the Ingredients list on the individual Visible Repair product pages.
Our Pro-Ageing Range Has Delivered Exceptional Results
The Visible Repair range consists of four products; Elixir, Day Cream, Eye Cream, and Night Cream. Use each product daily after cleansing with your favourite essano cleanser to age fearlessly, with visible results.
Visible Repair Facial Elixir - Clinically proven to reduce wrinkles depth within four weeks and increases skin elasticity within two weeks^
Visible Repair SPF15 Day Cream - Clinically proven to hydrate for 24 hours^
Visible Repair Eye Cream - Clinically proven to reduce fine lines and wrinkles depth and improve the appearance of dark circles within four weeks^
Visible Repair Night Cream - Clinically proven to improve skin appearance and skin firmness within two weeks^
^Independent clinical study on 20 women aged 50 and over
A Menopausal Skincare Routine That Works for You
Menopause can take a toll on your skin, but developing a skincare routine that works for you can help combat the effects. Choose products formulated to address those concerns and incorporate them into a daily routine. Protect your skin from the sun with a broad-spectrum sunscreen, and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. With very little effort, you can keep your skin looking and feeling its best during and after menopause. Here’s to ageing fearlessly!
Moisture Magic: A Guide to Revitalizing Skin and Hair Hydration
Biggest Skincare Myths Around Vitamin C, Debunked!
Gift Me Gorgeous: Beauty Gifts You Should Gift Yourself
NZ Herald-Approved: Why Our Needle-Free Filler Serum Stands Out
essano Hand & Body Washes: Clean, Luxurious, and Naturally Effective
The Top 5 Skincare Myths Debunked
The Secret to Beautiful Strong Hair Starts With Caring for Your Scalp
Skincare Tweaks and Tips For Radiant Winter Skin
Scalp Care 101: Understanding the Skinification of Hair