The skincare benefits of Vitamin C
Most of us know that Vitamin C is essential for good health. And if you like to keep up with all things beauty and skincare you’ll also know that it’s become a popular skincare ingredient. But why?
In this article we’ll introduce you to the skincare benefits of Vitamin C so you can’t start enjoying them for yourself.What is Vitamin C?
The technical name for Vitamin C is L-ascorbic acid and of course it is found naturally in fruits and vegetables. And whilst many skin products contain the vitamin artificially, at essano we use Vitamin C from Mango, Papaya, Pineapple and Kakadu Plum:
- Mango aids in protecting your skin against free radicals. In particular, Mango can relieve clogged skin pores, preventing blemishes.
- Papaya contains vital nutrients such as magnesium and potassium. Papaya has anti-inflammatory properties, helping your skin cells repair.
- Pineapple helps to improve your skin barrier function, which is the outermost layer of your skin that filters out harmful pollutants. Pineapple can also reduce irritation and redness in your skin.
- Kakadu Plum is a fruit that originates from Australia and has a self-defense system designed to combat harsh Australasian rays. It is also the world’s highest source of vitamin C and can contain up to 100 times more vitamin C than an orange!
As a skincare ingredient Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, known to improve skin tone and texture. When used daily, Vitamin C can help to transform the appearance and texture of the skin by:
- Preventing skin ageing and supporting the synthesis of collagen, which is essential for connective tissue such as skin.
- Brightening the skin.
- Limiting the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Reducing redness.
- Improving the appearance of wrinkles.
- Diminishing dark spots.
- Reducing acne.
- Improving texture and tone of the skin.
- Hydrating the skin.
Because Vitamin C can help to address such a long list of skin concerns, almost every skin type can benefit from it’s application:
- Dry and ageing skin
- Oily and acne prone skin
- Sun damaged skin
At essano we’ve made it easy for you to start enjoying the benefits of Vitamin C for your skin with our Vitamin C Brightening Radiant Skincare range. You may also like to consider applying Vitamin C to your skin in the form of a serum or facial oil. Here’s some further reading to help you determine what’s best for your skin.
Moisture Magic: A Guide to Revitalizing Skin and Hair Hydration
Biggest Skincare Myths Around Vitamin C, Debunked!
Gift Me Gorgeous: Beauty Gifts You Should Gift Yourself
NZ Herald-Approved: Why Our Needle-Free Filler Serum Stands Out
essano Hand & Body Washes: Clean, Luxurious, and Naturally Effective
The Top 5 Skincare Myths Debunked
The Secret to Beautiful Strong Hair Starts With Caring for Your Scalp
Skincare Tweaks and Tips For Radiant Winter Skin
Our Guide to Caring for your Skin During (and After) Menopause
Scalp Care 101: Understanding the Skinification of Hair